Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Half Marathon Training

I'm training for my first half marathon that is on Nov 16 here in California!  I'm running the Big Sur. I have met this amazing girl across the street who loves running too and we are training for it together.  She's become a good friend and I look forward to running it with her.   I'm skeptical if I will ever be able to finish it or run further than 7 miles, but I'm giving it my best shot.  One of my goals I set for myself 8 years ago was to run a half before I turn 40.  Well, I'm almost 37 and time is ticking!  And what better place to actually run a half none other than beautiful California!  I've been running avidly since May, but this week marked the beginning of my 12 week training.  At first I thought it wouldn't be so bad...but slowly began to realize that not only am I now homeschooling, but my own school {ECU} began this last week as well.  My big challenge now is to balance my family life, schooling, my own school and household responsibilities before I go train.  Prioritizing time has become essential!

I'm using Hal Higdon's half marathon training schedule.  You can find it at this link here if you want to find one that works well for you.

Anyway, music is key for running!  You have to have good music to keep you motivated when you go out on these long distance runs.  Last night I had a great playlist and I wanted to share:

Type Alt-Pop Workout Music

Youth Without Youth by Metric
Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine
Sail by AWOLNATION
Count on Me by Mat Kearney
Move Along by The All-American Rejects
Kangaroo Court by Capital Cities
Ready to Go (Get Me Out of My Mind) by Panic!  At the Disco
Who You Are by Jessie J
Mirrors by Justin Timberlake
Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson
Best I Ever Had by Gavin DeGraw
Fire by Gavin DeGraw
Halo by Beyonce
I Will Wait by Mumford & Sons
My Songs Know What You Did in The...by Fall Out Boy
Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap
Kids by MGMT

No comments:

Post a Comment