Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Your A Grand Old Flag

We have begun our lesson on America.  First up is our flag!  I love our flag.  I truly get misty eyed when I see the flag at any event.  The singing the National Anthem really pushes me over the top! Haha!  I want my children to have that same emotion when they see their flag ~ Pride.  Proud to be American.  Proud of what that flag represents.  Here are some very simple activities and crafts to do to reinforce our flag pride!


Montessori approach of allowing Aubry to read the lesson to The Littles.


Re-create the flag using cutting and gluing skills


On her own decided to draw a picture of herself at the flagpole

He liked listening and dancing to the National Anthem!
We also watched Youtube videos of people singing the National Anthem and other songs about America while they did their art projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment