Sunday, August 24, 2014

A New Journey...A Longish Journey...

A year ago everything begun changing.  As a military family, our lives were pretty established as far as not having to move much over the last 6 years.  I say 6 years as if that is a long time.  It isn't really- but considering that we are military, it was a good bit of time.  We were stationed at Fort Bragg for the last 6 years.  We moved there when I was pregnant with our daughter.  Zach was only 5.  Since then, we have had 3 additional children and 1 adoption {huge blessing}.  My husband was able to adopt my son Zachary.  We are now a complete and whole family in every since of the word.  2 parents, 4 kids {Zachary 12, Aubry 6, Gabriel 4, and Oliver 1} and one crazy Chihuahua/Jack Russel Terrier named Scout.

Anyway, we moved.  We moved this summer so that my husband could attend NPS in Monterrey, California.  He has- a much coveted opportunity to complete his grad degree while here the next 18 months.  We will probably be moving back to Fort Bragg- but it is not certain.  Until then, I am homeschooling my 7th grade son due to the lack of good schools in our location.  I'm also homeschooling our PreK students and getting him ready for Kindergarten in the fall.  Aubry is in 1st grade at the school public school in our neighborhood and Oliver is just plain cute.  I attend East Carolina University, and it begins tomorrow.  I am working toward my license to teach elementary school.  I already have completed my degree, but just didn't feel like completing the license at the time {due to how I thought I would never need such a thing...}  Who told us that we were mature enough to make decisions for ourselves at 21?  Ha!

While I am here with my little family, I plan on accomplishing big things.  So much so that I need to vent on a blog site to allow my husband to study and become awesome.  My biggest goals are to educate my children through home school and supplemental tools~ I am a huge advocate of accredited and traditional home school options~ currently and always have used Abeka and they will never loose my loyalty <3  And just for me...I am running my first half marathon at Big Sur!  I just began official training today~ but I have been avidly running all summer.  The race is Nov 16.  This blog will be dedicated to my thoughts and ramblings about all of these wonderful topics.  I hope that someone out there finds it useful.  If not, it's just for me to ramble my brains out!

No comments:

Post a Comment